Shipping bar flashes wrong font before displaying correctly
Some shops may notice a small delay between the shipping bar loading and the chosen font displaying as expected. This is a result of the web font taking a bit longer to load than the shipping bar itself. A workaround here is to load the selected font directly in your theme.
Step 1: Find your font
- Visit Google Fonts and use the search bar to find your chosen font.
- From the font page, click Select this Font.
- In the popup that appears, copy the Standard link tag to your clipboard.
Step 2: Add the link tag to your theme
- From your Shopify Admin, visit Online Store > Themes.
- Click the "..." button next to your theme and select Edit HTML/CSS.
- In the Layouts folder, find and open your theme.liquid file.
- Paste the <link> tag from your clipboard directly above the
- Save your changes.
You should be all set!
Please note, if you change your Shipping Bar font or publish a new theme in the future, you will need to revisit these instructions.